Walmart moves COVID-19 Testing Site to three new Joplin locations
JOPLIN, Mo. – Walmart moves its Joplin COVID-19 testing site to three area Neighborhood Market locations. The former location at the West 7th Walmart (operated by eTrueNorth) is not open this week as companies work on these relocations.
Starting Friday, Nov. 13, 2020, testing will be available in the drive-thru pharmacies at the Neighborhood Markets located in Joplin at 1600 East 7th Street; 2446 S Maiden Lane; and 25145 DeMott Drive in the Airport Drive area. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Tests will be given out to citizens at the drive thru window. Individuals will then administer the test and place it in the drop box located near the window.
The sites are supported by Walmart and Quest Diagnostics in collaboration with state and local officials.
To make an appointment with Quest for this test, please go to http://www.myquestcovidtest.com/. The test is available to those who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and all health care providers and first responders, whether or not they are exhibiting symptoms. There is no out-of-pocket cost to the individual.
Walmart established a Joplin testing site in April this year for those who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and health care providers and first responders, whether they are exhibiting symptoms.
“This has been a beneficial service to our community during the pandemic,” said Joplin Health Director Ryan Talken. “We appreciate their service to help with testing in the area and welcome numerous sites with one located in the northern section of our community.”
Talken reminds citizens that wearing masks, social distancing, and practicing good personal hygiene are key components in limiting the possible spread of COVID-19. “As we move into colder weather and remain indoors more, we encourage everyone to be diligent in washing their hands and keeping six feet or more from other individuals. To help determine six feet, people should think of an average sofa, or dining room table, or the width of a car.”
Details on the Joplin COVID-19 testing site
- Appointments can be made through Quest for this test at http://www.myquestcovidtest.com/, which will screen individuals to ensure they meet CDC eligibility for testing.
- Those being tested will need to stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and then the sealed sample can be dropped into a container on their way out of the drive-through site.
- Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable Departments of Health.
- Please note, testing is not available inside Walmart stores.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.