Voluntary Recall: Capri Sun may contain cleaning solution
RECALL: Kraft Heinz issues a voluntary recall of some Capri Sun beverages due to possible cleaning product contamination.
The recall includes about 5,760 cases of Capri Sun Wild Cherry Flavored Juice Drink Blend beverages, according to the company.
“The voluntary recall comes after diluted cleaning solution, which is used on food processing equipment, was inadvertently introduced into a production line at one of our factories.”
The “Best When Used By” date on the products is June 25, 2023. The recalled products have the following case/package information:
- Product Size: 6.6 FL OZ
- Name of Product: Capri Sun Wild Cherry Flavored Juice Drink Blend
- Packaging Description: Individual foil pouches packed in paperboard cartons.
- Note: Cases shipped to retailers include 4 cartons that are shrink-wrapped together. Product is sold by the carton at retail.
- Manufacturer Code on Pouch: 25JUN2023 WXX LYY ####
- Note: #### would be between 0733-0900 for product affected by this issue. XX may be 01, 02, 03, 04, 09, or 10. YY may be 01 through 12.
- Manufacturer Code on Carton: 25JUN2023 WXX #### CT1404.
- Note: #### would be between 0733-1000 for product affected by this issue. XX may be 01, 02, or 03.
- Carton UPC: 0 8768400100 4
- Case UPC: 87684 00409 00
Kraft Heinz says consumers who purchased these items should not consume the product. You can return it to the store where you purchased it.
“The issue was discovered after we received several consumer complaints about the taste of the affected product. The Company is actively working with retail partners and distributors to remove potentially impacted product from circulation.” – Kraft Heinz statement
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.