Two alarm fire in North Heights Neighborhood of Joplin, ruled accidental

The Joplin Fire Marshal determined the cause of the fire to be accidental resulting from food left cooking on the stove unattended.
KOAM image
Joplin Firefighters throw item out of the window while working an active interior fire on Friday morning in North Heights Neighborhood of Joplin.

Imb W05qwp

JOPLIN, Mo. — Around 9:15 a.m. Friday morning reports of a structure fire at 431 N Jackson in the North Heights Neighborhood alerted Joplin Dispatch.

Joplin Fire Dept responded sounding a second alarm for more manpower and apparatus as active fire was declared. Joplin Police Dept and METS ambulance also responded.

The residence located on the SE corner of D and N Jackson closed roadways surrounding the property.

“First arriving Joplin Fire units arrived to find smoke coming from a residential structure. Crews attacked the fire and had it under control in approximately 20 minutes. There were no injuries to occupants of the home.” – Joplin Fire

Joplin Police Ofc Darrell Kink told us everyone was out of the home safely.

The active flames were extinguished quickly as Joplin Fire began an interior attack. You can see in our live video on our arrival firefighters were inside working on the fire as smoke rolled out from the eaves and roofline.

The Joplin Fire Marshal determined the cause of the fire to be accidental resulting from food left cooking on the stove unattended.

Joplin Fire alerted utilities to disconnect from the residence due to extensive interior damage. Liberty Utilities and Spire Gas responded to the scene.

Fire was declared out by Jackson Fire Command at 10:25 a.m.

This is a breaking news story, stay with Joplin News First on KOAM News Now as we continue to learn more. Scroll below and sign up for our JKNews1st email list so you don’t miss an article.

FOLLOW OUR SOCIALS, SEE NEWS WHILE YOU SURF…

 

View this profile on Instagram

 

Joplin News First (@joplinnewsfirst) • Instagram photos and videos