Mr. Food: Marinated Steak Nachos
Looking for a way to add a little fiesta to your dinner menu? Make our Marinated Steak Nachos for a tasty change of pace. This dinner comes together in 30-minutes, is totally budget-friendly, and is loaded with tons of Tex-Mex flavor. Create this taste sensation in your own home with no fuss!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-1/2-pound) beef flank steak
- 1 (14-ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese blend (see Options)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak, turning to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet; discard excess marinade.
- Broil 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut across the grain into thin slices, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Spread tortilla chips over two large rimmed baking sheets or oven-proof platter then top evenly with sliced steak and sprinkle with cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and slide onto a large platter; sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions. Serve immediately.
You’ve Got Options!
- Use more or less cheese, or even a different kind, and sprinkle your finished nachos with chopped green chilies or jalapeño peppers, olives, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.