10 vehicles burn in Chic-fil-A parking lot, fast spreading grass fire
Oklahoma City Fire Dept state they were parked employee vehicles at the edge of the lot.
Monday afternoon a grass fire along I-40 spread quickly with the strong south winds.
The Oklahoma City Fire Dept state, “The fire spread to a group of evergreen bushes, then to parked employee vehicles in a Chic-Fil-A parking lot.”
Firefighters extinguished the fire and prevented further fire spread to the building. However ten vehicles were destroyed.
There were no reported injuries.
Follow Joplin News First on KOAM News Now. Click here then save a bookmark on your phone or digital device now.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- Fire at motel on Joplin’s South Rangeline
- Ten vehicles burn in Chic-fil-A parking lot, fast spreading grass fire
- Grain hauler overturns closing State Route D west of Boulder City in Newton County
- Box truck overturns, blocking both lanes I-44 near Sarcoxie
- Man wanted on Burglary Warrant runs from cops on bicycle, now arrested
- Joplin man suffers serious injuries in motorcycle crash near Saginaw
- Longtime Northpark Mall retailer moves across the street
- Osage Nation release renderings of proposed Lake of the Ozarks casino
- The implosion of James River Power Plant in Springfield
- The best EMS conference in the region is free and begins Monday
- Joplin Police seek assistance identifying man in armed robbery
- Carthage Fire, family and friends, remember fallen firefighter; Last call: 18 years ago today
- Fatal fire investigation in Newton County, woman dead
- Chris Stapleton is coming to the AMP July 29
- Parole absconder wanted on outstanding warrants
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.