The Joplin Police Department SWAT Team took gunfire during the raid of a residence.
The Ozarks Drug Enforcement Team served a search warrant with the SWAT team at a home in the 600 block of north Byers at 5:44 a.m. Wednesday when a suspect inside fired a shot in their direction. The bullet went through a wall and struck a tree in the front yard. Detectives and ODET members arrested two people after finding narcotics and weapons inside the house.
44 year old Christopher Vaughn was arrested and is charged with assault in the first degree, armed criminal action, delivery of a controlled substance, unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm.
24 year old Samantha McCrary was also arrested for child endangerment and five active JPD warrants. Two young juveniles were taken into protective custody.
Joplin police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Sanders plans campaign stops in Norman, Lawton powwow visit
- Judge denies Missouri request to allow 20-week abortion ban
- Joplin resident bulky item drop off closed September 21st
- Deadline to sign up for Maple Leaf pageants approaches
- Barton County Sheriff's Office employee arrested
- Barton County Sheriffs Office warn of recent mail theft
- Body found in Cherokee County has been identified
- Higher education bill that benefits Indian County passes
- Maple Leaf Festival shirts on sale now
- NEO livestock judging opens season with top-ten finish
- Officer shoots at suspect in mall parking garage
- Homicide investigation in Rooks county
- Former Pineville youth pastor changes plea
- Joplin to host visit by the Stanley Cup
- Man pleads guilty in fatal Lake of the Ozarks boat accident