JOPLIN, Mo. - Joplin High School running back Isaiah Davis announced his commitment to Division I South Dakota State Football on Thursday night.
"It's definitely a relief," Davis says, "It's definitely a family atmosphere at South Dakota State. The coaches were great, and the relationships they have with their players is unreal. They've always been the school that's been most involved during the recruiting process and made sure I was their guy."
Davis was outstanding last season as a junior for the Eagles, earning All-State honors after rushing for 1,676 yards and 28 touchdowns. He was a big part of Joplin's run to the Class 6 District 3 title. Davis rushed for 333 yards and 6 touchdowns against Kirkwood to give Joplin the district crown.
Davis had plenty of options to play college football, including offers from Missouri Southern and Southeast Missouri State.
Click here to sign up for the KOAM News Now Sports newsletter.
- Gorillas host annual youth clinic and autograph session
- Diamond Wildcats 2019 season preview
- Carl Junction prepares for upcoming season
- With "the streak" behind them, Lamar turns the page to 2019
- MSSU preps for new season with new head coach
- ESPN names Pitt State top-50 program in college football history