JOPLIN, Mo. - The Missouri Southern women's soccer team is on the pitch for their first week of practice. The lions finished last season 7-8-3 overall and barely missed the cut for the conference tournament.
MOSO is heading into this year with a new head coach in Aaron Tilsen. Tilsen comes to Southern with 20 years of coaching experience. He spent the last two seasons at Minnesota State-Mankato where he was the goalkeepers coach.
For Tilsen this is his first head coaching gig, but he says he is looking to bring in a winning mentality to Missouri Southern.
"Coming here from a program that's done really well in our conference and in the national tournament the last few years, we're going to bring an attacking style. We're trying to work on teaching the team to attack, how to pressure and go to goal. My goal for this season is to have a great team chemistry and really try to create a lot of chances on goal," says Tilsen.
The Lions open the season on the road with Southern Nazarene on September 6th.
Click here to sign up for the KOAM News Now Sports newsletter.
- Gorillas host annual youth clinic and autograph session
- Diamond Wildcats 2019 season preview
- Carl Junction prepares for upcoming season
- With "the streak" behind them, Lamar turns the page to 2019
- MSSU preps for new season with new head coach
- ESPN names Pitt State top-50 program in college football history