Silver Dollar City employees test positive for COVID-19
Near BRANSON, Mo. – Silver Dollar City confirms that employees have tested positive for COVID-19, but they’re not releasing specifics at this time.
The park reopened to the public on June 13 after being closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Silver Dollar City released the following statement to KOAM:
July 2, 2020
“Silver Dollar City has been informed of employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 since opening on June 13. Our thoughts are with them and their families during this difficult time.
We are working closely with the health departments to follow all required and recommended protocols.
Our safety team has completed contact tracing and determined additional employees were in direct contact with the COVID-19 positive employees. Those employees who have been in direct contact are quarantined from work as established by CDC guidelines and are encouraged to be tested for COVID-19.
We have no additional statements at this time.”
Silver Dollar City states that while they’re not commenting on specifics regarding today’s information, they want to reiterate that Silver Dollar City Attractions employees and leadership continue to take the following steps to create the safest environment for guests:
- We are managing and reducing attendance capacity, ride capacity and traffic in restaurants, shops, queue lines, restrooms and walkways;
- We are requiring masks for ages 3 and up, with some exceptions such as when eating & drinking, riding water rides & slides and inside our Relaxation Station;
- We are conducting contactless temperature screening and health assessment for guests, hosts and vendors before entering the park;
- We have added hand sanitation and portable hand washing stations across the park, creating more sanitation opportunities;
- We are frequently cleaning high-touch surfaces with newly implemented sanitation protocol and increased dedicated staffing;
- We have added directional signage, social distancing signage and hygiene signage in public and employee areas.