Route 97 to close between routes NN & 96 in Lawrence County
LAWRENCE COUNTY, Mo. – Contractor crews will close Missouri Route 97 between Lawrence County Route NN and Missouri Route 96 to replace four bridges the week of May 2, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Officials say crews will replace three existing box bridges and one single-lane bridge South of Lockwood, Mo.
The following list of bridges will be impacted on Route 97:
• Over Dry Branch – Closed between Lawrence County Road 2015 and Route YY.
• Over Wilder Branch – Closed between Lawrence County roads 2030 and 2040.
• Over North White Oak Creek – Closed between Lawrence County roads 2010 and 2015.
• Over South White Oak Creek – Closed between Lawrence County roads 2040 and 2050.
Contractors say they will replace the four structures one at a time.
The following list is provided by the Missouri Department of Transportation:
• Route 97 will be CLOSED between Lawrence County roads 2010 and 2015, north of Route 96
• Drivers will have access to driveways and entrances on either end of the work zone, but will not be allowed to drive through the work zone
• Drivers will be directed to a signed detour using U.S. Route 160, Missouri Route 39 and Missouri Route 96. All Route 97 closures will use this same detour.
• Route 97 will be CLOSED until late November 2022
• Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone
• Drivers should consider alternate routes during the project
• Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
This work is part of a three-year project to improve 25 bridges within 15 miles of I-44 across the Southwest District.
For more information, click here.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.