PRESS RELEASE: Crowder College announces changes due to the Coronavirus
March 20, 2020
Office of Public Information
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RE: Crowder College COVID-19 update
Neosho, MO – Crowder College has an obligation to care and serve our students, staff, and faculty and keep our school community safe and healthy. In light of our mission and values, and in following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations, we are moving forward with a plan to further protect our campus family. The following steps will be implemented to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Online instruction will continue for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
- Graduation ceremonies will be cancelled for Saturday, May 9, 2020. Graduates will be welcomed to participate in a future ceremony and additional information will be sent to all graduates at a later date.
- The campus will close at 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 23, 2020 and will reopen 8:00 a.m. on Monday, April 13, 2020.
- College operations will move to online methods and staff will work remotely until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, April 13, 2020.
- The residence halls will close at noon on Friday, March 27, 2020 for all students who are able to return home. Housing and meal accommodations will be made for those who are not able to return home.
- Please feel free to use the WiFi in the parking lot at any of the campus sites; however, none of the college buildings will be assessible during this time period.
At any time, please refer to the Crowder College Webpage www.crowder.edu for information and updates associated with COVID-19.