Part of I-49 to close during concrete replacement project
JASPER COUNTY, Mo. – Segments of I-49 will close to traffic beginning on April 5 while MoDOT replaces the concrete pavement between I-44 and a point south of Jasper County Route FF (32nd Street) in Joplin. The closing could last for up to 16 days.
Contractor crews will remove and replace 1.4 miles of concrete pavement beginning in the southbound lanes. Both lanes of traffic will be closed in each direction ’round the clock. When that work is complete, the southbound lanes will be reopened to traffic and crews will move to the northbound lanes. Both northbound lanes will be closed ‘round the clock.
- Phase 1:
- All lanes of southbound I-49 CLOSED ’round the clock for up to 16 days for pavement replacement
- All lanes of northbound I-49 open
- Phase 2:
- All lanes of northbound I-49 CLOSED ‘round the clock for up to 16 days for pavement replacement
- All lanes of southbound I-49 open
- Route FF (32nd Street) ramps will be CLOSED in the direction of the work being done
- Expect increased travel times
- Drivers will be directed to signed detour using Business Loop 49, I-44 and Missouri Route 59