Opolis house fire
OPOLIS, Ks — Officials suspect a fireplace could be the source of a fire Friday night at home in Opolis, Kansas.
Joe Lair, the assistant Asbury, Missouri fire chief says an exact cause of the fire isn’t known but they suspect a possible crack in the flue of the fireplace.
Fire damage was contained to that front room. While smoke and water damage was more pervasive. Multiple fire crews were on the scene including Asbury Tri-cities, Baker Township and Carl Junction.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KOAM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.