One injured in fire caused by unattended cooking

Joplin Fire Department patch

JOPLIN, Mo. – One person is treated for burns after a fire on West A Street in Joplin.

On Monday, around 11:14 p.m. the Joplin Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire at 921 W. A Street. Crews got there and found a one-story wood framed structure with smoke and flames coming from a window at a corner of the house.

The Joplin Police Department was also on scene and reported that everyone was out of the structure when crews arrived.

Firefighters put out the fire and remained on scene until 12:56 a.m. The Joplin Fire Department responded with 6 units and 18 personnel. The Fire Department was assisted by METS Ambulance Service and the Joplin Police Department.

A female occupant was transported by METS to Freeman for burns.

According to the fire department, the cause of the fire was due to unattended cooking.