Sandra K. "Sandy" Greenwood, 67, of Parsons, passed away at 12:25 p.m., Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at Labette Health in Parsons.
She was born on November 4, 1951 at Independence, Kansas to John and Donna (Piatt) Quinn. She grew up in Montgomery County, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri attended schools there graduating from Grandview, Missouri High School in 1970.
Sandy lived in Lee's Summit, Missouri for a few years before moving back to southeast Kansas where she lived in Cherryvale, Independence, and Neodesha. She moved to Parsons in 2002. Sandy worked at a suitcase manufacturing company in Neodesha, ACC/Standard Motors in Independence, Grandview Products in Parsons as a cutter operator, and then at Amazon at Coffeyville as a security guard from where she retired.
Sandy enjoyed playing bingo, the outdoors, going swimming, going on trips and traveling with her husband, and family gatherings. The most important thing she enjoyed in life was making life memories with those she loved.
Sandy and Perry Willits were united in marriage in 1972. They later divorced. She and Robert R. "Bob" Greenwood were united in marriage on December 22, 2003. He preceded her in death on November 17, 2017.
Sandy is survived by two sons, Daniel Willits, and his wife, Sarah of Bartlesville, OK and Wesley Willits of Parsons; three grandchildren, Kayleigh Goodwin, Nadia Goodwin, and Mason Willits; her brother, Gary Quinn of Independence; her sister, Linda McCullough, and her husband, Mike Folk of Wichita; several nieces, nephews, and cousins.
Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m., Monday, August 5, 2019 at the Springhill Cemetery Patio with the Reverend Jerry Piatt officiating. Burial will follow. The family will receive friends at the Carson-Wall Funeral Home from 4 to 5 Sunday evening. Memorials are suggested to the American Diabetes Association and these may be left at or mailed to the funeral home 112 N. 26th St., P.O. Box 942, Parsons, KS 67357. Online condolences may be left at www.wallfuneralservices.com.
To send flowers or a remembrance gift to the family of Sandra K. "Sandy" Greenwood, please visit our Tribute Store.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Struggling Kansas City T-Bones locked out of stadium
- 8 Kansas counties urged to upgrade their voting equipment
- Explosive discovery
- Football player shot
- Missouri school district sues e-cigarette maker
- Police officer charged with arranging to have sex with teen
- Defense attorney charged with paying witness to lie
- Kansas sees rise in syphilis cases, newborns with disease
- St. Louis woman whose baby died of drug exposure sentenced
- St. Louis mayor considers surveillance planes to fight crime
- 15 Kansas nursing facilities are now transferred to new owner
- Medicaid advocates say petition meets signature requirement
- Missouri elk hunt likely in 2020
- Cape Girardeau considers ban on tobacco sales for those under 21
- Oklahoma attorney suspended by state Supreme Court