Mynatt Carroll Morton of Fairland, OK passed from this life Sunday, July 7, 2019 at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, MO after a brief illness. He was 69.
Mynatt was born May 23, 1950 in Claremore, OK to Jim and Beulah (Williams) Morton. Mynatt had lived in the Commerce and Miami area most of his life. He had worked for Yellow Freight and later he worked as a meat cutter.
Mynatt was preceded in death by his father and step-mother, Jim and Arlene Morton and his mother and step-father, Beulah and Leonard Odom.
Survivors include his wife Glenda Morton, 2 sons Mynatt Craig Morton of Wyandotte, OK and Scott Morton and wife Channa of Wyandotte, OK, his daughter Myca Lewis and husband Josh of Miami, OK, 3 step daughters Christina Headlee and husband Damon of Miami, OK, Jennifer Stewart of Miami, OK and Angie Burrow and husband Joe of Miami, OK, 1 brother Kevin Morton of Pikeville, KY, 10 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.
Celebration of Life Services will be at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at the Grace Church in Miami, OK. Rev. Phil Shyers will officiate. The family will receive friends from 6 to 7 P.M. Tuesday evening at the Grace Church in Miami, OK. Services have been placed in the care of Paul Thomas Funeral Home and Cremation Service of Miami, OK. Online condolences may be made at www.paulthmasfuneralhomes.com
To send flowers to the family of Mynatt Carroll Morton, please visit Tribute Store.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- New Missouri program offers loans for disaster recovery
- Missouri audit cites Parson for travel to shows, sports game
- KOAM Mornning News to Know 7-18
- Cost of getting driver's license will rise soon in Missouri
- Missouri Supreme Court upholds death penalty in Hailey Owens' murder
- Kansas City Royals will extend protective netting at stadium
- Man banished from Kansas in plea deal seeks to return
- ODOT seeks input for the next 25 years, public invited to take survey today
- Penalties increase for poaching in Missouri
- 4 hurt in boat explosion at Table Rock Lake
- Missouri report warns of earthquake insurance collapse
- Toll machine pays out at Kansas Turnpike booth near casino
- FCC approves priority window for tribes to expand broadband
- Gunfire at St. Louis-area mall leads to kidnapping charge
- 16-year-old fatally shot in south St. Louis County