Michael Albert Pfitzner, age 71, of Monett, Missouri, passed away at 1:54 p.m. on Thursday, August 15, 2019, at his home. He was born January 13, 1948, in Verona, Missouri, the son of Joseph and Catherine (Hierholzer) Pfitzner.
Michael was a 1966 graduate of Verona High School. He was a farmer, member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Verona and the Knights of Columbus. Mike enjoyed farming, camping with his kids, spending time with his grandchildren, visiting with frinds and family and being outdoors.
On November 28, 1969, he married the love of his life, his angel, as he always called her Sandra Roetto, in Monett, Missouri.
Michael is survived by his wife of 49 years, Sandra; three daughters, Suzanne Kelly and her fiancee Richard Ziegler of Linn Creek, Missouri, Sarah Pfitzner and her fiancée, James Mindack, of Verona, and Bethany Breazzeal and her husband, Daren, of Monett; three sons, James Pfitzner and his wife, Brenda, of Verona, Matthew Pfitzner and his wife, Patsy, of Green Cove Springs, Florida and Stephen Pfitzner and his wife, Lisa, of Sarcoxie, Missouri; 11 grandchildren; one great-grandchild; two sisters, Rita Donica of Republic, Missouri and Janice Hermann and her husband, Carl, of Chesterfield, Missouri; five brothers, Thomas Pfitzner of Fort Bragg, California, James Pfitzner of Spokane, Washington, Robert Pfitzner and his wife, Gwen, of Illinois, Carl Pfitzner and his wife, Donna, of Easton, Kansas and Kenneth Pfitzner and his wife, Marilyn, of Republic and several nieces and nephews.
Michael was preceded in death by his parents, Joseph and Catherine, son, Levi Pfitzner and brother, Matt Pfitzner.
A funeral mass, under the direction of the Crafton-Cantrell Funeral Home, in Aurora will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Verona. Burial will follow at the Calvary Cemetery at Verona. Rosary will be held from 6:00-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20, 2019, followed by visitation until 8:00 p.m. in the funeral home chapel.
Memorial donations may be made payable to the Sacred Heart Catholic Church Building Fund or the Barry County Youth Camp, in care of the funeral home.
Online condolences may be shared at this website.
To send flowers or a remembrance gift to the family of Michael Albert Pfitzner, please visit our Tribute Store.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Struggling Kansas City T-Bones locked out of stadium
- 8 Kansas counties urged to upgrade their voting equipment
- Explosive discovery
- Football player shot
- Missouri school district sues e-cigarette maker
- Police officer charged with arranging to have sex with teen
- Defense attorney charged with paying witness to lie
- Kansas sees rise in syphilis cases, newborns with disease
- St. Louis woman whose baby died of drug exposure sentenced
- St. Louis mayor considers surveillance planes to fight crime
- 15 Kansas nursing facilities are now transferred to new owner
- Medicaid advocates say petition meets signature requirement
- Missouri elk hunt likely in 2020
- Cape Girardeau considers ban on tobacco sales for those under 21
- Oklahoma attorney suspended by state Supreme Court