Juanita B. Allen, 90, of Columbus passed from this life on March 25, 2019 surrounded by her loving family.
Juanita was born in Natural Dam, Arkansas on November 7, 1928, to Gilbert Earl and Elsie (Riddle) Chandler. She lived in Natural Dam until the age of 5 years, then moved to Galena, Ks. after the death of her father. She lived in Galena until the age of 10 when her mother married Leo C. Lucas and they moved to Columbus. Juanita attended Cherokee County Community High School and graduated with the class of 1946.
Juanita married Milas J. Allen on May 1, 1947 and they were married for 59 years until his death on September 17, 2006.
Juanita was a homemaker until all her children started school. She then worked for Paul Schmidt Insurance. Her last job before retirement was with J. C. Penney for 18 years. After retirement she babysat several children which she loved like her own. Her hobbies included crossword and jigsaw puzzles and spending time with her family.
Juanita was a member of Center Christian Church for over 70 years, where she taught Sunday School and sang in the choir.
Juanita is survived by children, Pam Guardado of Columbus Ks., Carolyn Wheelock of Pittsburg, Ks., Don (Kiyome) Allen of Okinawa, Japan. Mila (Paul) Jaeger of Columbus, Ks., and Becky Allen of Tulsa, Ok., nine grandchildren, twenty-one great grandchildren, and five great-great grandchildren and Amy Soper whom she considered one of her own. She is also survived by sisters-in-law, Erma Stover and Alice Allen and numerous nieces and nephews.
Juanita was preceded in death by her husband, parents. son and daughter-in-law, David & Connie Allen, four brothers-in-law, and two sisters-in-law
Funeral services will be Friday, March 29, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. at Center Christian Church. Burial will follow at Park Cemetery, Columbus, Ks., and visitation will be Thursday, March 28 from 5:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at Derfelt Funeral Home, Columbus, KS
Memorial contributions may be made to Center Christian Church in care of Derfelt Funeral Home.
To send flowers to the family of Juanita B Allen, please visit Tribute Store.
- Bill targets vaccine misinformation amid measles outbreak
- Lawsuit: Kansas cadet fired after alleging sexual battery
- Turbine buckles, collapses on Oklahoma wind farm
- Oklahoma lawmakers seek return to 5-day school weeks
- Missouri attorney general to investigate elder abuse hotline
- Many questions after man was fatally injured at concert
- ConocoPhillips settles Oklahoma City water pollution lawsuit
- Missouri man pleads guilty to possessing child pornography
- Former Missouri governor returns to Navy, but not as a SEAL
- Kansas museum sends restored NASA consoles home to Texas
- Missouri State Parks offers free camping for Missouri residents displaced by tornadoes, flooding
- Latest on tornado damage in Jefferson City
- 3 fatalities confirmed in Golden City area after tornado
- New law enforcement unit to crack down on cybercrime
- Judge reverses Missouri trooper's loss of officer license