John Emerson Vilela, 44, of Pittsburg, passed away at 11:15 a.m. Sunday, August 11, 2019 at Ascension Via Christi Hospital.
He is survived by his son, John Emerson Vilela II, of Joplin, MO; his father, Randy Vilela of Pittsburg, KS, his mother, Christine Vilela of Saint Cloud, MN; a sister, Courtney Vilela of Saint Paul, MN; his nephews, Tommy, Quinn and Bodhi; his grandmother, Carrie Vilela of, Kapaa, Hawaii.
He was preceded in death by his grandfather, John Vilela, his grandmother, Joan (Hospers) Emerson, and his grandfather, Dr. Edwin Emerson.
A Celebration of Life will be held August 24, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at the Frisco Event Center located at 210 E. 4th St, Pittsburg, KS. Friends may leave condolences online at www.brennermortuary.com.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Brenner Mortuary, Pittsburg, KS.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Homicide investigation in Rooks county
- Former Pineville youth pastor changes plea
- Joplin to host visit by the Stanley Cup
- Man pleads guilty in fatal Lake of the Ozarks boat accident
- Kansas City man accused of killing at family cookout
- Oklahoma prisons locked down after outbreak of violence
- Kansas State Fair to evaluate gun rules for concert security
- Back the Blue License Plate Unveiled
- St. Louis man charged with stabbing neighbor's dog
- Wichita toddler injected enough methadone to kill adult
- Turkey vulture causes power outage at University of Missouri
- Judge: 10-year-old involved in arson, Missouri boy's death
- Pompeo's storage units broken into in Kansas last year
- Kansas City officer charged with possessing child porn
- Woman barred from Arkansas midwife work charged in Oklahoma