John Dwain Knight, age 71, Carthage, passed away on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at Cox South of Springfield after a lengthy illness.
John was born April 7, 1948 in Tanneyville, Missouri, son of the late Merrill Knight and Partha Claudia Flannery Knight. He grew up in several locations, and moved to Carthage area several years ago.
John worked for Frisco Railroad, Art Marble of Carthage, and Schreiber Foods of Carthage. He loved spending time with his family camping and fishing at Stockton Lake.
In addition to his parents, John was preceded in death by a grandson, Ricky Tankersley; brother, Dave Thurman and Frank Knight; sister, Marie Humphrey; and a brother-in-law, Ronald Maxwell.
Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Myrna Ann (Maxwell) Knight; son, Chris Knight (Michele); daughter, April Knight (David) both of Carthage; grandchildren, C.J. Knight of Wentague, Connecticut, Ashley Knight, Alexa Knight, Victoria Knight, Charity Lemus all of Carthage, Tyler Tankersley of Benton, Illinois, and Cherisa Charbonneau of Ft. Walton, Florida; great-grandchildren, Kayson Austin, and Dominic Lemus both of Carthage; brothers, Lonnie Knight (Ruthann) of Baxter Springs, Kansas; sister, Merrilleen Swanson of Jasper, Missouri; father-in-law, Wayne Maxwell of Carthage; several nieces and nephews.
Cremation arrangements are under the direction of Parker Mortuary.
Private services will be held at a later date.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Homicide investigation in Rooks county
- Former Pineville youth pastor changes plea
- Joplin to host visit by the Stanley Cup
- Man pleads guilty in fatal Lake of the Ozarks boat accident
- Kansas City man accused of killing at family cookout
- Oklahoma prisons locked down after outbreak of violence
- Kansas State Fair to evaluate gun rules for concert security
- Back the Blue License Plate Unveiled
- St. Louis man charged with stabbing neighbor's dog
- Wichita toddler injected enough methadone to kill adult
- Turkey vulture causes power outage at University of Missouri
- Judge: 10-year-old involved in arson, Missouri boy's death
- Pompeo's storage units broken into in Kansas last year
- Kansas City officer charged with possessing child porn
- Woman barred from Arkansas midwife work charged in Oklahoma