Elmer Luke Anderson of Commerce, OK passed from this life Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at Eastwood Manor in Commerce, OK. He was 74.
Elmer was born April 22, 1945 in Muskogee, OK to Fred Ransom and Velma Lenora (Young) Anderson. He had lived in the Miami area most of his life. He graduated from Picher – Cardin High School Class of 1963 and attended Central State University in Edmond, OK. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps in Vietnam and was in the Military Police. Elmer owned and operated Anderson Custom Homes and Cabinets and Anderson Lumber Co in Miami. He was a member of the Highway Tabernacle Church in Quapaw, OK.
Elmer was preceded in death by his parents, 1 brother Jerry Dale Anderson and 1 sister Avelene "Eve" Smith.
Elmer is survived by 2 sons Anthony Wayne Anderson and wife Tara of Edmond, OK and Cameron Luke Anderson and wife Tiffany of Miami, OK, 2 daughters Patricia Marie Medlin and husband John of Miami, OK and Tessa Angelina Grayson and husband Mike of Edmond, OK, 2 brothers Gene Anderson and wife Sue of Miami, OK and Freddy Anderson and Helen Gray of Miami, OK, 4 sisters Barbara June Franson of Commerce, OK, Barbara Ann Mathers of Commerce, OK, Linda Gaye Williams and husband Tommy of Miami, OK and Brenda Gayle Lasiter and husband Dale of Peoria, OK, 9 grandchildren Austin Medlin, Andrew Medlin, Kasen Anderson, Corbin Anderson, Khloe Anderson, Chase Anderson, Jenna Anderson, Porter Grayson and Payton Grayson.
Funeral services will be at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at the Paul Thomas Funeral Home Chapel in Miami, OK. Rev. Ray Clonts will officiate. Interment will be in G.A.R. Cemetery in Miami, OK. Military Rites will be conducted by American Legion # 147 Funeral Detail. Austin Medlin, Andrew Medlin, John Medlin, Mike Grayson and Corbin Anderson will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. before fore the service at the funeral home. Services have been placed in the care of the Paul Thomas Funeral Home and Cremation Service of Miami, OK. Online condolences may be made at www.paulthomasfuneralhomes.com.
To send flowers to the family of Elmer Luke Anderson, please visit Tribute Store.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Police find 144 lbs. of meth in tires at Kansas City home
- Conservation agencies ask for public's help to reverse declining bird numbers
- Police: 2 killed, 2 injured in Miami Oklahoma shooting
- Agencies warn of seasonal increase in vehicle-deer crashes
- Struggling Kansas City T-Bones locked out of stadium
- 8 Kansas counties urged to upgrade their voting equipment
- Police dispose of grenade discovered in Oklahoma City yard
- Suspect in shooting of Washburn players gets new attorney
- Missouri school district sues e-cigarette maker
- Police officer charged with arranging to have sex with teen
- Defense attorney charged with paying witness to lie
- Kansas sees rise in syphilis cases, newborns with disease
- St. Louis woman whose baby died of drug exposure sentenced
- St. Louis mayor considers surveillance planes to fight crime
- 15 Kansas nursing facilities are now transferred to new owner