Andrew "Andy" Gene Compton, age 56, of Lamar, Missouri passed away August 20, 2019, as a result of a semi-truck accident.
Andy was born October 1, 1962 in Lamar, MO to Harold Gene and Nancy Marie (Fox) Compton. Andy graduated from Lamar High School in the class of 1981. He had attended MSSU, where he studied drafting. On March 28, 2008, He married Tereasa Denise Green in Joplin, MO.
Andy was a truck driver for Compton Farms, liked to tinker with stuff, including motors and lawn mowers. He enjoyed gardening, traveling, auto repair, and was a machinist. In all he did, he was a perfectionist, but the thing he enjoyed the most was spending time with his grandkids and family.
Survivors include his wife Tereasa, his daughter Autumn Grace Compton, of the home; two step-sons, Aaron Kukovich, Carthage, MO and Kevin Kukovich, Arma, KS; a step-daughter, Amber Seely, McCune, KS; he father, Gene Compton, Lamar, MO; his mother, Nancy Bowman; three brothers, Joe (Kathy) Compton, Donna, TX, David (Becky) Compton, Joplin, MO, Jonathan (Laura) Compton, Indianapolis, IN; one sister, Janis (Jared) Jeffries, Lamar, MO; seven grandchildren, Dominic, Nevaeh, Levi, Natalie, Olive, Zeke, and Penelope; and many nieces and nephews, as well as a large extended family.
Service will be 10:00 a.m., Monday, August 26, 2019, at Daniel Funeral Home. There will be a private family burial.
The family will receive friends immediately following the service at the funeral home.
Contributions are suggested and made payable to the donor's choice, in care of Daniel Funeral Home.
Condolences may be shared at www.dfhlamar.com
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Officer shoots at suspect in mall parking garage
- Homicide investigation in Rooks county
- Former Pineville youth pastor changes plea
- Joplin to host visit by the Stanley Cup
- Man pleads guilty in fatal Lake of the Ozarks boat accident
- Kansas City man accused of killing at family cookout
- Oklahoma prisons locked down after outbreak of violence
- Kansas State Fair to evaluate gun rules for concert security
- Back the Blue License Plate Unveiled
- St. Louis man charged with stabbing neighbor's dog
- Wichita toddler injected enough methadone to kill adult
- Turkey vulture causes power outage at University of Missouri
- Judge: 10-year-old involved in arson, Missouri boy's death
- Pompeo's storage units broken into in Kansas last year
- Kansas City officer charged with possessing child porn