Nonna’s Cannoli Poke Cake
Holy cannoli! You’re definitely going to include Nonna’s Cannoli Poke Cake into your dessert line-up, ’cause it’s got all the flavor of one of your favorite Italian pastries, but in a party-sized cake form!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add batter and bake according to package directions; let cool.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1 inch apart all over top of cake. Reserve 2 tablespoons condensed milk in a small bowl; pour remainder over top of cake and into holes.
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone, ricotta cheese, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and reserved condensed milk until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate cake 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.