Mr. Food: Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice
Our Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice can go from your skillet to your table in just minutes. It’s loaded with veggies and you can add any type of protein you like best. Save on take-out and have perfect fried rice at home!
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Add eggs and scramble, then break up scrambled eggs into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; add garlic, peas and carrots and cook 3 minutes. Add rice and soy sauce and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in scrambled egg pieces and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- This is a great dish to make when you have leftover rice, or the next time you make rice, just make extra so you’ll have some ready to go for this dish.
- If you would like a healthier version of this recipe, try using brown rice instead of white rice.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.