Carl Junction, Mis - According to the Jasper Counties Sheriff's Office, Former Carl Junction bus driver Dennis Frakes has been charged with Statutory Sodomy in the Second Degree and Sexual Contact with a Student.
Frakes has a $50,000 bond and will be placed on house arrest if bonded out.
According to the Sherriff's office, Frakes inappropriatley touched a 15 year old student at a band competition at Missouri Southern State University in March of 2015. He then inappropriatley touched her again in August of 2017 at his home.
The Carl Junction Schools Facebook page states that the school district received a report about Frakes on October 25th and fired him an hour after they learned of the incident.
The minor in question was not a rider on their bus route.
Carl Junction Police were notified of the incident and opened an investigation that led to the bus driver's arrest yesterday.
If you have any additional information, call the Carl Junction Police Department at 417-649-7070.
We'll have more information as it becomes available
- Cherokee Nation wants to open an Arkansas casino
- Oklahoma tribal affiliate applies to operate Arkansas casino
- NTSB: Coast Guard ignored duck boat safety proposals
- Judge: University of Missouri violated open records law
- Kansas man sentenced for attempted rape of 4-year-old
- Radiation leads to demolition of Missouri's Pickard Hall
- Kansas City bans gay conversion therapy
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.