VINITA, Okla. - Court paperwork shows immunity has been offered to a man charged with murder in the 1999 deaths of a northeast Oklahoma couple and the presumed deaths of the couple's teenage daughter and her friend.
The June 14 filing says 67-year-old Ronnie Dean Busick was offered immunity in exchange for information in the case but that he isn't competent to detail his involvement or that of two men who are now dead.
Defense Attorney Gregg Graves and Craig County District Attorney spokeswoman Michelle Lowry declined comment Friday.
Busick's case was continued pending a mental evaluation .
Busick was charged in 201 8 in the Dec. 30, 1999, deaths of Danny Freeman and his wife Kathy Freeman, whose bodies were found in their burning home near the Kansas border, and the disappearances of their 16-year-old daughter, Ashley Freeman, and her 16-year-old friend, Lauria Bible.
- Girl dies after massive aluminum piece falls from flatbed in Missouri
- Arkansas begins working on I-49 construction projects
- Missouri dog breeder sued over conditions at kennels
- Former IRS employee accused of stealing $5K from taxpayers
- Ex-teacher, council member pleads in student sex encounter
- Former sheriff's deputy pleads guilty to child pornography
- Oklahoma officials to meet with tribes for gambling talks
- Manhattan to allow women to go topless, with restrictions
- Kansas says backlog of untested rape kits nearly eliminated
- Oklahoma unemployment rate unchanged at 3.2% in September
- Police security sought for Missouri abortion clinic hearing
- Springfield area agencies respond to spike in drug overdoses
- FAA to test whether packed planes affect evacuation time
- Missouri man missing a week found alive in crashed car
- Kayakers find unearthed ancient bear skull in Kansas
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.