News

Southwest Missouri 6-year-old dies from electrocution

MCDONALD COUNTY, Mo. - A 6-year-old loses her life due to electrocution in southwest Missouri.

On July 9th, 2019, the McDonald County Sheriff's Office was called out to a home on Splitlog Road outside of Goodman, Missouri for a possible electrocution.

EMS had already arrived and was attending to the patient, a 6-year-old girl, Anastasia Edmonds.

Deputies secured the scene and started processing it for the investigation.

Through the investigation, deputies were able to determine that Anastasia had been electrocuted when she attempted to blow up a pool with a shop vacuum.  Her parents found her and CPR started and 911 was called.  Efforts to revive her continued to the hospital, but were unsuccessful.

The McDonald County Sheriff's Office, McDonald County Coroner's Office, McDonald County Prosecuting Attorney's Office and DFS are working jointly in the investigation.


Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.


Regional Headlines

More from KOAMNewsNow.com

  • Sign up for email newsletters and breaking news alerts
    Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
  • Events
    Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
  • Advertise With Us
    Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
  • Our Apps