OTTAWA COUNTY, Okla. - Monday nights storms cause damage across Ottawa and Delaware Counties.
Down highway 10 in Ottawa County, dozens of trees were uprooted and power lines were ripped down.
Ottawa County Emergency Management says power could be out for several days as crews try to untangle power lines from trees.
Resident Clay Weldon lives on Highway 10, and worked most of the day trying to clear his driveway.
Several trees were pushed over -- and power lines blocked the drive.
He also says trees damaged his outbuildings -- with two landing on the back of his house.
"We can't see what kind of damage they did yet, but we just gotta get them off," Weldon says. "Whether it's a chainsaw and a tractor, or someone else with bigger equipment. We don't know yet."
Many residents in Delaware county weren't much more lucky.
Delaware County Emergency Management also says several resident's could be without power for several days.
At a local trailer park, a tree fell on a trailer -- splitting it nearly in two.
The trailer was vacant, but the trailer behind it is used.
The residents tell us if the empty trailer hadn't been there, it could have been much worse for them.
Alec Shneickert says, "We were kind of stuck in the house and stuff started shaking and and luckily there was the trailer right there.. cause it would have hit us and major devistation would have happened."
Emergency Management for both counties say there were no injuries.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Judge rules 1851 law doesn't apply in Missouri boat case
- ‘Unicorn puppy' will stay with Missouri rescue mission
- Settlement clears way for return of man banished from Kansas
- State parks in Kansas take a financial hit after a summer of flooding
- Deadly shooting in Wichita
- Deadly weekend in Kansas City
- Flooding at Kansas state parks costing state millions
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.