JOPLIN, Mo. - A police pursuit that started in Joplin crosses state lines and ends in arrest.
It began Sunday morning, at 11:23 a.m. on East 15th Street when a Joplin police officer attempted to pull over a man who appeared to be driving under the influence.
The man fled, going into Galena, Kansas.
At that point, a Galena officer joined the pursuit.
The driver went north, then south, finally entering back into Jasper County.
Authorities say speeds on the open highway reached 75 miles per hour.
The pursuit ended on West 13th Street where the driver was arrested without incident.
Charges are pending.
No injuries were reported.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Brother and sister remain hospitalized after gas can explosion
- Missouri day care worker accused of breaking infant's leg
- Missouri attorney general sues city over ticket quotas
- Man sentenced to 15 years for fatal motorcycle crash
- Kansas state board asks districts to pass strict vaping bans
- Kansas ag department offers website for stressed farmers
- School-sponsored raccoon hunt generates complaints
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.