JOPLIN, Mo. - UPDATE: JPD releases name of murder victim.
The victim who died from a serious assault last night is 27-year-old Shawn M. Rockers of Joplin.
An autopsy has been scheduled for Monday in Springfield.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Joplin Police Department
On Friday night, at 6:50 p.m., Joplin Police responded to 3rd and Connor where a man was laying in the road after being assaulted.
The victim was transported to Freeman Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Detectives are now conducting a death investigation.
At this time, no arrests have been made.
Anyone with any information on the case is asked to please contact the Joplin Police Department.
24 hours a day you can call, 417-623-3131 press 0 and tell operator you have information.
This is a developing story. Updates will be made as more information is released.
- Kelly embraces $364M schools plan, warns against tax changes
- Oklahoma medical marijuana sales generate tax revenue
- Judge allows Somalis targeted in Kansas bomb plot to testify
- Missouri governor calls for increased public school funding
- Kansas bill is introduced to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2021
- Kansas governor expected to make pitch on schools, Medicaid
- Missouri bull rider Mason Lowe dies after rodeo event in Denver
- Missouri House rejects protecting LGBT staff members
- Kansas governor renews ban on state anti-LGBT bias
- Kansas governor expands ban on anti-LGBT bias to contractors
- KOAM Morning News to Know 1-15
- Kansas WIC funded despite shutdown
- Missouri auditor plans to create public corruption team
- Missouri plan would undo some minimum prison sentences
- The Latest: GOP's Kevin Stitt sworn in as Oklahoma governor