CANEY, Kan. - Authorities investigate the unattended death of a woman in Caney, Kansas. Police say due to 'suspicious circumstances' the KBI and Sheriff's Office was contacted to help in the investigation.
Release from Caney Police Department
On December 01, 2019 Chief Ron Wade advised that Caney Police Department received information of a possible Unattended Death located at 311 S. State. When Officers arrived on scene, they observed a female deceased inside the residence, laying on the floor with suspicious trauma.
Due to the suspicious circumstances the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office was contacted to assist in the investigation. The deceased was transported for an autopsy and the scene has been secured until the cause of death is determined.
Chief Wade asks that you show the family respect and privacy as they deal with the loss of their love one. Chief Wade stated that at this time there has been no arrest made, but investigation continues into this matter.
Chief Wade would like to thank the KBI and Montgomery County Sheriff Department for their assistance.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Brother and sister remain hospitalized after gas can explosion
- Missouri day care worker accused of breaking infant's leg
- Missouri attorney general sues city over ticket quotas
- Man sentenced to 15 years for fatal motorcycle crash
- Kansas state board asks districts to pass strict vaping bans
- Kansas ag department offers website for stressed farmers
- School-sponsored raccoon hunt generates complaints
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.