PITTSBURG, Kan. - Pittsburg Police arrest a suspect for stealing a GPS enabled decoy car.
Authorities staged a GPS enabled decoy vehicle in the area of the 600 block of S. Elm St.
On Sunday, July 14, around 10:45 am, the decoy vehicle began to show activity and officers went to the location where it was pinging -- an alleyway behind 208 E. Adams.
Police found a 36-year-old Pittsburg resident in possession of the vehicle. Investigators determined that the suspect had taken the vehicle from its staged location.
The suspect is being held without bond for violations of parole with the Kansas Department of Corrections. Authorities are requesting a charge of felony theft of a motor vehicle.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing at this time. Anyone with information related to this incident, or other crimes, is urged to contact the Pittsburg Police Department at (620) 231-1700, or at our automated tip line, (620) 231 -TIPS (8477). Callers may remain anonymous.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Missouri measures would allow college athletes to be paid
- Railroad worker killed in accident in Wichita
- Kansas judge accused of bigotry, profanities in courthouse
- A Kansas find reveals a 17-foot, long-extinct shark species
- Youngest of 4 kids killed in Thanksgiving crash was 9 months
- Spinal cord treatment helps Kansas man move after paralysis
- Former priest sues over inclusion on list of alleged abusers
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.