Mel Binam says "This is the best ham you will ever eat" and she is right! KOAM's Michael Hayslip and Tawnya Bach lift the lid on the first winning Crocktober recipe of the month... A slow cooker Maple Brown Sugar Ham, submitted by Mel Binam from Jasper, Missouri.
Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Ham
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 lb) Save $
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Spray 6 to 7-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. (or use a slow cooker liner)
- Make cuts about 1-inch apart and 1/4-inch deep in diamond pattern in top of ham.
- Place ham in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, stir together mustard, syrup and brown sugar with whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over ham.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in ham reads 140°.
- Remove ham from slow cooker.
- Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain cooking juices. Slice ham; pour strained juices over ham.
Check out more Morning Show headlines here.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Oklahoma prison officials say cellphone jamming would help
- Girl dies after massive aluminum piece falls from flatbed in Missouri
- Arkansas begins working on I-49 construction projects
- Missouri dog breeder sued over conditions at kennels
- Former IRS employee accused of stealing $5K from taxpayers
- Ex-teacher, council member pleads in student sex encounter
- Former sheriff's deputy pleads guilty to child pornography
- Oklahoma officials to meet with tribes for gambling talks
- Manhattan to allow women to go topless, with restrictions
- Kansas says backlog of untested rape kits nearly eliminated
- Oklahoma unemployment rate unchanged at 3.2% in September
- Police security sought for Missouri abortion clinic hearing
- Springfield area agencies respond to spike in drug overdoses
- FAA to test whether packed planes affect evacuation time
- Missouri man missing a week found alive in crashed car
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.