WEBB CITY, Mo. - Authorities say two people found dead yesterday in Webb City was a dentist and her estranged husband. Police Chief Don Melton identified the bodies as Dr. Camille E. Hostetter, 45, of Joplin, and Windell D. Glass, 55, of Pittsburg.
On Monday morning, police got a call about a medical situation at 3100 E. Zora Street, the dental office of Dr. Hostetter. Police arrived to find Hostetter and Glass dead. Both worked at Hostetter Dental practice.
After investigating, authorities say they found conclusive evidence that Glass shot and killed Hostetter with a handgun inside the office. Chief Melton says Glass then shot and killed himself with the same handgun.
Authorities say the couple had been married but filed for divorce in February 2019.
In a release, Chief Melton said, "The Webb City Police Department would like to thank investigators with the Missouri State Highway Patrol - Division of Drug & Crime Control and the Joplin Police Department along with agents from the Southwestern Missouri Cyber Crimes Task force who assisted with our investigation. We would also like to thank the numerous other law enforcement agencies who offered their assistance during the investigation. Finally we would like to thank the news media along with those on social media for their patience while we conducted our investigation. We send our condolences and prayers with the Hostetter & Glass families and ask the public to allow them to grieve this tragedy in private."
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Brother and sister remain hospitalized after gas can explosion
- Missouri day care worker accused of breaking infant's leg
- Missouri attorney general sues city over ticket quotas
- Man sentenced to 15 years for fatal motorcycle crash
- Kansas state board asks districts to pass strict vaping bans
- Kansas ag department offers website for stressed farmers
- School-sponsored raccoon hunt generates complaints
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.