PITTSBURG, Kan. - The "Something Cool is Coming to Pittsburg" billboard mystery is solved. Nick and Beth Halstead say they're excited to bring a Tropical Smoothie Cafe to Pittsburg.
"We love the healthier option that Tropical Smoothie Cafe offers to everyone. It's a great opportunity to eat better without sacrificing taste or convenience."
Beth says her family owns Tropical Smoothie Cafes in Joplin, but his is the first one she and Nick will own. Beth says they're really excited to come to Pittsburg.
The Pittsburg location will be at 29th Street and North Broadway (101 E. 29th). They are hoping to open the cafe by the end of this year (2019) or the first week of January.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Two boys injured after gas can explosion
- Missouri day care worker accused of breaking infant's leg
- Missouri attorney general sues city over ticket quotas
- Man sentenced to 15 years for fatal motorcycle crash
- Kansas state board asks districts to pass strict vaping bans
- Kansas ag department offers website for stressed farmers
- School-sponsored raccoon hunt generates complaints
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.