CLAYTON, Mo. - It has been 16 years since a 9-year-old disabled boy went missing, and now, his father is charged in the child's presumed death.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that St. Louis County prosecutors on Thursday charged 46-year-old Dawan Ferguson with first-degree murder. He is jailed without bail and doesn't have a listed attorney.
Christian Ferguson had a rare disorder that prevented his body from processing protein. He couldn't walk or talk.
A probable cause statement says Dawan Ferguson failed to provide Christian with proper medication and nutrition for more than two years, before leaving home with the child on June 11, 2003. Christian was never seen again. Court documents say he would have died within 48 hours without proper medication.
Authorities have not said what led to charges being filed.
- Three wounded in shooting outside Lawrence sports bar
- Body found on University of Oklahoma campus
- Kansas National Guard helicopters assist firefighting operations in Cheyenne County
- 3 killed in 4-hour span in separate Kansas City shootings
- People of color make gains in mayoral races across the US
- Officer convicted of 2 misdemeanors for 'rough ride'
- Missouri proposes ban on pot companies paying taxes in cash
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.