Quapaw, Ok - A Quapaw man who owns a horse rescue has been charged for sex crimes against a minor. Authorities say Terry Way, the owner of Way's Ranch Horse Rescue in Quapaw, was staying in a trailer near Brush Creek Ranch Academy in Jay. Police say a 10-year-old girl was staying with him so she could ride horses. Court documents say while in the trailer, Way touched the girl inappropriately. Way was charged with lewd or indecent acts to a child under. 16.
McAlester, Ok - An McAlester teenager has been charged after allegedly making a threat against McAlester High School. Pittsburg County deputies say 18-year-old Alexis WIlson was reported to have said she was "going to shoot 400 people for fun." Sunday, deputies found an AK47 with six magazines and a 12-gauge shotgun with a stock sleeve in Wilson's room at her home. Wilson has plead not guilty to the charge of making a terroristic threat.
Sarcoxie, Mo - A generator being used to power the carnival at the Chief Sarcoxie Days this past weekend malfunction and contaminate Swifty Creek. The generator for Big D's Amusements overheated on Friday and Saturday. Workers tried to contain the mess with kiddie pools and diapers. The Department of Natural Resources was contacted Saturday and hired a contractor to help the cleanup.
Kansas - A recent Labor Market report shows that Kansas is struggling to fill a growing number of vacancies in the Medical Work Force. Over the past five years, nearly 15,000 workers disappeared with professionals retiring at a rate faster than the current population can supply. The state is growing economically, but the total labor force is falling, making it hard for patients to find providers, especially in rural Kansas communities.
- Judge rules 1851 law doesn't apply in Missouri boat case
- ‘Unicorn puppy' will stay with Missouri rescue mission
- Settlement clears way for return of man banished from Kansas
- State parks in Kansas take a financial hit after a summer of flooding
- Deadly shooting in Wichita
- Deadly weekend in Kansas City
- Flooding at Kansas state parks costing state millions
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.