Henderson, Ak - Two professors at Henderson State University in Arkansas are accused of making meth. Police arrested 45-year-old Terry Bateman and 40-year-old Bradley Rowland Friday. Both are Associate Chemistry Professors. In a statement, the school would only say a university science center was closed on October 8th after someone reported a chemical odor. Both teachers are on administrative leave. They face charges of manufacturing methampthetamine and using drug paraphernalia.
Belleville, Ks - A Kansas couple dies in a crash with a semi. The crash happened Saturday morning on U.S. Highway 81. 62-year-old Steven and Sherry Torres drove west on the U-36 off ramp in an attempt to turn south onto the highway. A semi-tractor traveling north struck the driver's door. The semi overturned, temporarily blocking southbound traffic. The semi driver was not hospitalized. The torres' died from their injuries.
Pittsburg, Ks - The biker community huddles around one of its own to raise funds for James "Sparky" Thomas, a Kansas motorcyclist who was seriously injured. The American Legion Post in Pittsburg was filled support for Sparky. They hosted a meal and silent auction to raise funds for his medical bills. Sparky was riding down Broadway when he was hit by a car that was going over 50 MPH. He is now recovering and able to stand with a walker.
Neosho, Mo - Members of the Sweet Water Baptist Church in Neosho gathered together to pack shoeboxes full of gifts for Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas CHild is a project through an international relief organization. It sends gifts to kids who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, famine, or disease. Sweet Water Baptist has been participating for the last ten years. They started with just 50 boxes and now do 700.
- Home Invasion results in murder charge
- Police make a Miranda change in Kansas City
- Tulsa doctor charged in patient deaths
- Fayetteville police officer fatally shot, suspect dead
- Missouri minimum wage set to increase
- Missouri measures would allow college athletes to be paid
- Railroad worker killed in accident in Wichita
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.