NEWTON COUNTY, Mo. - The man accused of shooting his son and killing his son's girlfriend appears in court. Ricky Lamb from Newton County previously entered a not guilty plea. He's charged with first degree murder of Sarah Tyminski, armed criminal action, and domestic assault. Yesterday he filled out paperwork for a public defender. Lamb is expected back in court next week.
ANDERSON, Mo. - Authorities release the name a missing Anderson, Missouri mother. Linda Kuykendall was believed to have been in her home in Anderson when it was swept away in a flash flood into Indian creek. According to the police chief they have been concentrating their search around the area where the home once stood. They said by yesterday afternoon they should move down stream to look in other areas.
ANDERSON, Mo. - Flooding over the weekend destroyed the main street bridge in Anderson, Missouri, but Anderson's mayor thinks the bridge can be repaired, within a few months. Flood waters eroded the approach to the bridge's west end and created a giant hole, big enough to swallow a vehicle. The bridge is part of main street, which cuts through downtown Anderson. Right now, the city is waiting for an engineer to evaluate the bridge damage.
NEOSHO, Mo. - The Neosho, Missouri school board weighs its options including a bond issue for creating safe rooms at four school buildings. The city is considering shelters for Field Early Childhood, Central Elementary, Benton Elementary, and Benton Middle School. The superintendent says if all four buildings got FEMA grade shelters it would cost four to five million dollars without an actual tax increase. But the district has not yet decided what action to take.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Review finds 90% of Missouri rape kits never tested
- Suspect in murder of Welch girls ordered to jury trial for competency
- Police: Oklahoma double-murder suicide outside Walmart was domestic-related
- Camel, cow, donkey found roaming together along Kansas road
- Cherokee Nation wants to open an Arkansas casino
- Oklahoma tribal affiliate applies to operate Arkansas casino
- NTSB: Coast Guard ignored duck boat safety proposals
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.