JOPLIN, Mo. - Update (Aug 23): Police release an update after a woman on an electric wheelchair is pinned and knocked over by a Joplin Trolley.
On August 22nd around 3:09 pm, a City of Joplin Trolley (Trolley 1) was leaving the North Park Mall. Police say the Trolley was traveling west on Mall Road and was at the stop light at Range Line Road when an electric wheelchair was also traveling on the roadway.
The woman began to drive her electric wheelchair onto Range Line between the Trolley and the curb. At that same time, police say the Trolley turned right (north) onto Range Line.
The female's electric wheelchair was pinned between the Trolley's rear tire and the curb, knocking the electric wheelchair over.
Police say EMS took the female to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The Joplin Police Department has completed the crash investigation.
A Sunshine Lamp Trolley hit a pedestrian on a motorized scooter this afternoon at the intersection of North Range Line and Mall Road in Joplin.
According to the Joplin Police Department, the pedestrian suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities temporarily blocked traffic at Mall Road.
Police plan to release more information on Friday.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Judge rules 1851 law doesn't apply in Missouri boat case
- ‘Unicorn puppy' will stay with Missouri rescue mission
- Settlement clears way for return of man banished from Kansas
- State parks in Kansas take a financial hit after a summer of flooding
- Deadly shooting in Wichita
- Deadly weekend in Kansas City
- Flooding at Kansas state parks costing state millions
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.