CARL JUNCTION, Mo. - City council members in Carl Junction, Missouri will soon vote on whether to raise the age limit on purchasing vape and tobacco products within city limits.
At their most recent meeting, council members unanimously agreed to put the proposal up for a final vote during their November 19th meeting. The proposed change to local nicotine product sales was inspired by Carl Junction's Mayor Mark Powers.
"Our mayor received a letter from a Pleasant Valley mayor looking at instituting the same thing and it had a model ordinance attached to it. Our mayor wanted to get the discussion going for our city council and that's where it started at," said Carl Junction City Administrator Steve Lawver.
There's a bit less than two weeks before Carl Junction city council members make their final vote, and city officials encourage residents to let council members know what they think.
- Judge rules 1851 law doesn't apply in Missouri boat case
- ‘Unicorn puppy' will stay with Missouri rescue mission
- Settlement clears way for return of man banished from Kansas
- State parks in Kansas take a financial hit after a summer of flooding
- Deadly shooting in Wichita
- Deadly weekend in Kansas City
- Flooding at Kansas state parks costing state millions
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.