YATES CENTER, Kan. - One person has died and one is in the hospital due to injuries after a wreck on U-75 at 60th road 5 miles south of Yates Center.
According to Kansas Highway Patrol, The wreck happened at 12:48 on Monday, October 14th. A 2015 Ford pickup truck was driving northbound on U-75 at 60th road. The truck turned right into a field entrance. At that time, a Honda motorcycle driven by Charles Splechter was in the right passing lane when the truck hit the passenger side of his motorcycle.
Splechter died from the crash. He also had a passenger with him who is currently in the hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the Ford pickup truck and their passenger were not injured.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
- Camel, cow, donkey found roaming together along Kansas road
- Cherokee Nation wants to open an Arkansas casino
- Oklahoma tribal affiliate applies to operate Arkansas casino
- NTSB: Coast Guard ignored duck boat safety proposals
- Judge: University of Missouri violated open records law
- Kansas man sentenced for attempted rape of 4-year-old
- Radiation leads to demolition of Missouri's Pickard Hall
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.