LAWRENCE COUNTY, Mo. - The Lawrence County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help to solve decades old mystery.
In the late 1980's, some youth were playing in the woods north of Verona, Missouri on FR 2210 (between FR1127 and FR1120) when they found a skull. They believed it was a human skull.
The Sheriff's Office says when it was told to a parent, the youth were told to throw it back where they'd found it. They tossed it out in the weeds.
Several families have since lived in that home and the surrounding area.
Authorities are hoping someone has knowledge or possession of a skull they would be willing to have inspected.
If you have any information regarding this case, please contact Lt. Chris Berry at 417-466-2131 ext. 2328 or by email at email@example.com.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Camel, cow, donkey found roaming together along Kansas road
- Cherokee Nation wants to open an Arkansas casino
- Oklahoma tribal affiliate applies to operate Arkansas casino
- NTSB: Coast Guard ignored duck boat safety proposals
- Judge: University of Missouri violated open records law
- Kansas man sentenced for attempted rape of 4-year-old
- Radiation leads to demolition of Missouri's Pickard Hall
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.