JOPLIN, Mo. - The American Red Cross of Southern Missouri will host free training for those interested in becoming new volunteers that respond to house fires.
You will be on the front lines of service, providing immediate assistance to those impacted.
The Red Cross will host a free training course from 9 A.M. to 12 P.M. on Saturday, September 21st, at 5102 Swede Lane in Joplin, Missouri.
Anyone interested must registered to become a volunteer, must provide a valid drivers license, and must also pass a background check.
Disaster Action Team members may be asked to work days, evenings, weekends, or holidays.
Walk-in registrations are welcome the day of the event. If you would like to pre-register, you can email Julie.Stolting@redcross.org.
- Documents show officials investigated man's well-being months before his body was found in freezer
- Review finds 90% of Missouri rape kits never tested
- Suspect in murder of Welch girls ordered to jury trial for competency
- Police: Oklahoma double-murder suicide outside Walmart was domestic-related
- Camel, cow, donkey found roaming together along Kansas road
- Cherokee Nation wants to open an Arkansas casino
- Oklahoma tribal affiliate applies to operate Arkansas casino
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.