JOPLIN, Mo. - Award winning authors of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series stopped by a Joplin bookstore to meet fans on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Billy Holladay Skelley and Margarite Ruth Wilson-Stever teamed up, autographing the books that bare their names.
Both contributed essays and stories to several magazines, journals and anthologies.
The focus of their writings center on stories of inspiration and comfort.
For the authors, book signings are just as much a treat for them as they are for fans.
"Writing is a solitary activity, so when I'm able to meet my readers, it just makes me feel like I'm meeting old friends," said Stever.
"Always Buying Books" made sure it had plenty of copies on hand for readers.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.
- Missouri minimum wage set to increase
- Missouri measures would allow college athletes to be paid
- Railroad worker killed in accident in Wichita
- Kansas judge accused of bigotry, profanities in courthouse
- A Kansas find reveals a 17-foot, long-extinct shark species
- Youngest of 4 kids killed in Thanksgiving crash was 9 months
- Spinal cord treatment helps Kansas man move after paralysis
- Copyright 2018 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.