Mr. Food: Whatdoyoucallem Bars
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups peanut butter crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over low heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal; mix until evenly coated. Spoon mixture into baking dish and evenly press down.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, vanilla, and brown sugar; cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until thickened and golden in color, stirring constantly. Evenly pour over cereal mixture; set aside 15 minutes.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 60 to 90 seconds, or until smooth, stirring occasionally. Gently spread over caramel mixture. Let cool 1 hour, or until firm, then cut into bars.