Mr. Food: Utah’s Best Funeral Potatoes
What You’ll Need
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crushed butter-flavored crackers
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cheese, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and onion; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave; stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle cracker mixture over potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.