Mr. Food: “Unstuffed” Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops
What You’ll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package flavored stuffing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, adding mushrooms to water before water reaches a boil.
- Meanwhile, evenly sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Brown pork chops on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Leaving chops in the skillet, top each with about 1/3 cup stuffing and a slice of cheese. Add wine to skillet, cover, and cook 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pork is cooked to desired doneness. Serve with pan drippings.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more yummy skillet pork chop dinners that are easy on your wallet, check out our All-in-One Pork Chop Dinner, our super flavorful Parmesan Crusted Pork, and these oh-so-yum Pork Chops and Gravy!
- We’ve got some side dish sensations you’re going to love, including our Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans, some scrumptious Glazed Baby Carrots, and these perfectly portioned Mashed Potato Pancakes!
- When everyone looks to you for dessert, you’ll have it covered with our Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake or this decadent Strawberry-Chocolate Dump Cake! Also, for a real treat, try our Bubblin’ Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler! Yum!