Mr. Food: Uncle Sam’s Pulled Pork
What You’ll Need
- 4 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola
- 1 (28-ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 10 hamburger rolls
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
What to Do
- Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion then pour cola over meat. Cover and cook on high setting 6 to 6-1/2 hours, or until pork is very tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion. Drain liquid from slow cooker, reserving 1 cup. Return meat to slow cooker, add reserved liquid, the barbecue sauce, and onion; mix well. Heat 20 minutes or keep on low until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, in a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, vinegar, oil, and sugar; mix well. Spoon pork mixture evenly onto bottom of rolls, top with coleslaw and top of roll, and serve.
If you love using your slow cooker, then you’ve got to check out our collection of Easy Slow Cooker Recipes.