Mr. Food: Tropical BBQ Chicken Packets
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 4 (12-inch) squares of aluminum foil.
- Place barbecue sauce in a shallow dish. Evenly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip in barbecue sauce, coating completely.
- Place each breast in center of a piece of foil. Top evenly with pineapple slices, bell pepper, and scallions. Spoon any remaining barbecue sauce over vegetables. Wrap foil securely, leaving room for steam to circulate, and seal edges tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Open packets carefully, as steam may be released.
Make ’em on the grill! Preheat grill to medium-high, place chicken packets on grill, close cover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
For more simple Foil Packet recipes, return to our collection page!